Get Your Home Ready for Thunderstorm Season! Find Out How Here
Each year, thunderstorm season bring 40 – 50 stormy days per year to the Midwest. As cold air heads to the north followed by warmer air and moisture, the atmosphere becomes the perfect unstable environment to spawn severe weather, including thunderstorms and, under the right conditions, tornados.
Thunderstorm season typically begins in May and lasts through late July or early August, so we could be just a few short weeks away from one of the most dangerous times of the year. Aside from moving away, there isn’t much you can do to avoid these storms, but there is one major step you can take to ensure you and your family’s safety and comfort in the wake of severe weather – invest in a Kohler standby generator.
With a standby generator, you’ll never be stuck without power during an outage. Here are just a few of the reasons why buying a generator is the best way to prepare for thunderstorm season.Book Online Book Online
5 Reasons to Invest in a Standby Generator Before Thunderstorm Season
- A standby generator keeps you protected during a storm. During inclement weather, the last thing you should do is go outside to fire up a portable generator. Standby generators automatically detect power outages and start up, allowing you to remain safely inside your home until the storm passes.
- Prevent flood damage. If your home is prone to flooding during heavy rain, having a generator means that your sump pump will still kick on when necessary – even if the power is out.
- Keep appliances running. Whether you choose a model that’s suitable for powering just a few vital appliances, such as your refrigerator, or you opt for one that can power your entire home, being able to keep important appliances running eases stress and reduces waste.
- Help your kids weather the storm. Are your kids afraid of the dark? With a standby generator, you can keep the lights on both during the storm and after
- Stay in contact. If you’re like a lot of people, you probably rely on your cell phone and may not even have a landline in your home. During a power outage, a dead cell phone battery could mean you can’t call for help in an emergency. With a generator, you’ll never have to worry about not having a way to charge your phone again.
Generator Installation in Mendota
There’s simply no substitute for the peace of mind a standby generator offers. At Triple Service, we proudly sell, install and service top-quality Kohler standby generators. If you’re tired of weathering the storms and hoping the power doesn’t go out, contact us today to learn more about generator installation in Mendota and the surrounding areas.